Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chapter 5

Although, I feel confident in being able to identify aims and objectives, I had a difficult time giving an example of an aim and an objective. I found this somewhat ironic because I am a teacher and I deal with standards and objectives constantly. In my own mind, I equate aims to what I know or identify as standards and I equate objectives with what I know as objectives. Once I had cleared up the definition of an aim and an objective in my own mind, I found myself questioning whether or not my aims were to broad (not specific) and whether or not my objectives were centered enough on learning outcomes. My question is how does one know when they have written good aims and/or objectives? Does practice help?

I believe in order to write aims and objectives proficiently, I would need to practice. In addition, I think it would be helpful to work in a group and have the input of several experts. I think these two things would help me write reliable aims and objectives.

No comments: